Senior Benefits Financial Analyst
- Rockville, MD
What you'll be doing
- Performing analytical and advisory functions concerning the college's retirement and health and welfare plans. Performing quarterly audits of premium deductions for health and welfare benefits plans. Managing funding and payments to health and welfare vendors, with particular focus on the tracking and monitoring of the college's self-funded plans. Working with the finance and budget department regarding financial management of benefits programs. Preparing documents and data for wire transfers to and from plan administrators, and completing account analysis. Analyzing employee census data for submission to actuaries for annual plan valuations. Supporting actuarial evaluation of defined benefits (ensuring data integrity by validating active employee data), including credited service, contributions and earnings, and validating retiree and inactive data. Developing, maintaining, and distributing ad-hoc reports as needed. Preparing and reconciling of taxes and fees related to the affordable care act (ACA).
What your background should be
- Minimum five years of experience working with health and welfare plans and performing financial analyses on benefit programs/services in an educational/public institution and/or other equivalent professional experience. Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing. Knowledge and understanding of accounting related to benefit transactions. Knowledge and understanding of defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Skill in problem solving to select, organize, and logically process relevant information. Skill in oral and written communications to effectively present information to all levels of employees/retirees across the college community. Ability and willingness to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in human resources, business administration, accounting, finance or another related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a public, open access community college.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org