Senior Admitting Worker
- San Francisco, CA
What you'll be doing
- The admitting worker is generally assigned a primary work unit within the admission and registration department, but may rotate or be assigned to any area or site as outlined in the admitting department expectations. Interviews patients to collect patient demographic information and financial/insurance data. Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and enters data in the registration and insurance verification screens. Obtains authorizations for services working with physician office staff, the applicable medical center ancillary department, and review organization as required. Enters authorization data in the registration and insurance verification screens. Collects clinical data from patient reservation forms, surgery schedule, special procedures schedules, etc. and sets up the appropriate account specific to the patient in the company electronic medical records system. Answers patients questions regarding the registration and admitting process. Meets the productivity and accuracy standards of the overall admitting department and units within the department. Actively participates in staff meetings to assimilate changes in procedures, new program requirements or training reviews of existing procedures. Works in all areas of the department as assigned.
What your background should be
- At least 2 years of experience at the admitting worker or comparable level is required. Proficiency in health insurance eligibility and authorization requirements. Proficiency in reimbursement financial policies. Knowledge of government program regulations, medical, medicare, MIA, C.C.S., and other third party payors. Ability to problem solve; ability to analyze data and recommend changes. Must have strong customer service skills. Ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- Client company concern about educational service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com