- Smithfield, NC
What you'll be doing
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required. Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive. Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security. Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities. Prepares routine, standardized reports. Provides escorts as necessary. Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles. May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment. Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Be able to obtain a local or state guard card (where applicable). This includes having a criminal background evaluation, being able to show valid identification, and be able to pay the state security license fee that is required. May require specific pre-employment background checks and/or annual background checks. Be at least 18 years of age (21 for some positions). Have a reliable means of communication (i.e. home phone, cell phone). Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work. Effectively speak, read and write English. Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing. Ability to walk and climb stairs. Ability to walk extended periods of time. Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions. Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and night-time conditions. Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies. Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others. Ability to maintain accurate records. Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations. Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid. Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations. Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned. Skill in operating portable radio devices. He/she must be customer service oriented. The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- The company provide security guard services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org