- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Accept the responsibilities and fulfills the obligations of a security officer by protecting life and property, preventing and reducing losses and crimes against the employer business or other organizations and institutions, upholding the law and respecting the constitutional rights of all persons by observations and reports. Maintain constant surveillance of assigned areas providing maximum visibility. Be familiar with the location and operation of fire alarms, firefighting, First Aid and other safety equipment. Complete all daily activity reports, incident reports, supplemental reports and other written documents pertinent to the day-to-day activities of the employee assigned tasks and responsibilities in the manner required. Responsible for the care and control of radios, keys and other equipment assigned as well as the proper processing and care of all found or otherwise impounded property. Promote good public relations through courteous, helpful and professional contact with tenants and guests to client property. Provide appropriate assistance as needed to clients, their employees, guests and visitors in an expedient and professional manner. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Must have or be able to obtain permanent employee registration card state security guard license. Previous security management, law enforcement or military experience, a plus. Previous security officer or customer service experience a plus. Must have a valid state issued driving license. Must be at least 18 years of age or older. Must understand, read and follow written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions.
Required Schooling / Training
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a facility management provider in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com