- Miami, FL
What you'll be doing
- The security officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment, under direct supervision. Basic responsibilities for the candidate is watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and ambulance personnel as required. Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive. Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security. Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons or suspicious activities. May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment. Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or streetlights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required. Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Candidate must be 21 years of age or older. Must have a valid state security officer license with minimum 2 years experience, no criminal record/never detained, a current & clean Florida driving license, ability to effectively speak, read, and write English, communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing. Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies. Ability to walk and climb stairs, work outside in extreme weather conditions, see and hear accurately in both day and night time conditions, retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others, maintain accurate records, react appropriately in emergency situations. Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid and portable fire extinguishers and their locations. Skill in operating portable radio devices. Position based in field operations. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- One of the largest security companies, delivering uniformed security services, consulting, investigations, and specialized security solutions throughout the United States and around the world.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org