- Miami, FL
What you'll be doing
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations. Contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and ambulance personnel as required. Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and security code violators. Approaches suspicious person and notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive. Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security. Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security. Uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and suspicious activities. Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles. Provides specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment. Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and street lights to ensure proper functioning. Reports all malfunctioning as required. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Must have a valid state security officer license, if applicable. Must have the ability to effectively speak, read, and write English. Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing. Ability to walk and climb stairs. Ability to walk extended periods of time. Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions. Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions. Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations. Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is one of American largest security companies.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org