- Missoula, MT
What you'll be doing
- Obtains, organizes, and analyzes information: uses standard research methods, techniques, and principles to locate scientific, technical, and other specialized information on fire ecology, fire effects, and fire. May also use information on plant and animal taxonomy, survival and regeneration, habitat relationships, plant communities, and succession. Obtains, organizes, and analyzes information, identifying major patterns and trends. Collaborates with university staff to accession documents into fire effects library and enter in citation databases. Produces technical publications on fire ecology, fire effects, and fire regimes following common templates. Analyzes findings for consistent threads and apparent contradictions and provides possible explanations for them, as appropriate. Ensures that documents submitted for editing contain the proper elements in the proper order, on the proper material, in the correct format. Collaborates with science editors to improve and complete publications.
What your background should be
- Understanding of biology and ecology and skill in synthesizing research for managers. Expert understanding is required in fire ecology and fire regimes, supplemented by professional-level knowledge of plant and animal taxonomy, survival and regeneration strategies, plant community classification, and succession. Professional knowledge of the principles of plant and animal taxonomy, survival and regeneration strategies, plant community classification and succession, research methods, and data analysis. Professional knowledge of the principles of technical and scientific writing. Skill in technical writing, especially analyzing information, synthesizing it, and presenting it to land managers; skill in outreach, teaching, public speaking, and other forms of communication.
Required Schooling / Training
- Masters degree in biology, ecology, natural resources, or related discipline
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com