- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Effectively plan and use appropriate instructional interventions, strategies, activities, materials, and equipment to add educational value for each student. Conduct ongoing, formal, and informal assessments of student learning. Utilize data effectively to inform instruction. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. Manage student behavior effectively and in accordance with the treatment plan if applicable, the student code of conduct and the student handbook. Provide approved behavior management and intervention, including restraints, as required. Establish and maintain open communication with the principal, professional support personnel, teachers, facility staff, parents, and students. Participate in faculty meetings, committee meetings and staff development as required. Exercise judgment and make appropriate decisions with few guidelines.
What your background should be
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a non-traditional school setting with special needs students of varying abilities and interests. Strong classroom management skills and ability to instruct students with challenging behaviors.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org