SAS Programmer, Data Consultant
- Pasadena, CA
What you'll be doing
- Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data. This position functions both as consultant and as a high-level SAS programmer. Essential functions of this position are; designs and enhances databases, designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly, develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information, participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation and evaluation, builds and maintains complex statistical SAS routines using macros, vendor software and software written by self and others, tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases (internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL), defines and frames complex multi-dimensional health care issues and develops time tables/ processes for decision making, translates needs, issues and ideas into effective strategies and action plans, formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/ programs implemented, develops creative alternative solutions, may assist in the determination of goals and priorities with team, clients, or project management sponsors.
What your background should be
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases required. Experience with SQL, macros, AF and SASGRAPH, PROC report and statistical procedures in SAS preferred. Microsoft Office skills required. Must be an independent self-starter. Three to five years of programming in SAS preferred. Project management experience strongly preferred. Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems preferred. Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred. The applicant must be able to work in a labor/management partnership environment. Very strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team is required. Knowledge of clarity and other clinical data base preferred. Experience analyzing data to address healthcare quality questions preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor of arts degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research or related field required or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree. Master degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is an integrated and the largest managed care organization in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org