Sales Development Representative
- Gainesville, FL
What you'll be doing
- Strategically manage daily activity regarding existing and prospective customers within assigned geography. Solicit information from assigned potential new accounts to determine accounts that meet minimum division qualifications for volume, cigarette, non-cigarette, profit, expense, delivery and VCI or fresh expectations. Daily focus on GAP or penetration report. Achieve VCI wins within the 16 commodities outlined within the penetration report. Implement and execute marketing programs within assigned accounts. Promote, sell and secure orders from customers through a relationship-based approach. Make weekly sales calls, within assigned geography, to assigned accounts. Provide territory manager with oral and written reports on sales activity, customer issues, customer performance, competitive information and new business opportunities. Effectively communicate client companies products, services, program features, benefits, credit terms, sales analysis reports and price books. Utilize company data base to develop leads for the territory manager. Operate in a professional manner, representing company in a positive light, with respect for internal and external relationships. Overcome objections and negotiate effectively with customers, in all facets of business. Communicate program compliance, contracts, schematics and purchase requirements. Drive sales and profit following corporate and divisional marketing programs and initiatives. Capture and report all vendor consolidation initiatives. Ensure all monthly smart stock thresholds are achieved. Manage and train merchandisers to ensure all job functions are met and that merchandisers are in all compliance with all company policies and procedures. Follow all company policies and procedures including safety protocols. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Five years of C-store industry knowledge or related experience required. Fluent communication and customer service skills. Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred. Reliable vehicle with current active driving license, insurance levels meeting companies requirements and have an acceptable driving record. This position is a road warrior. Access to a computer and printer with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.). Excellent internal or external communication skills, verbal and written. Excellent selling skills with effective use of interpersonal relationships. Must be well organized and effective at multi-tasking and daily time management, including excellent follow-up skills. Must be able to listen effectively and develop profitable customer relationships. Must possess a professional work attitude and image and able to work independently as well as with a team. Must have an overall selling aptitude to identify opportunity and close the sale. Must be able to work with all levels and departments of the organization. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle for long distances. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, both in person and via telephone.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Four years college degree in sales or marketing is preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com