- Plainfield, NJ
What you'll be doing
- Ensures operations management conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with drivers, shop employees, landfill employees, office employees, and management regarding safe driving, operating and working principles. Coordinates and participates in accident investigations and follow-up accident reporting for the division. Recommends post-accident and post-incident corrective action. Ensures driver evaluations and re-evaluations are conducted in accordance with company standards. Administers and/or monitor drug testing policy to ensure it meets pre-employment, random and post-accident/post-injury testing requirements, and regulatory and company standards. Ensures division managers and supervisors are properly trained in health and safety regulatory requirements. Ensures all accident registers and files, safety and workers compensation records and driver certification files are maintained according to federal and state requirements, and company policy by regularly inspecting files. Conducts and records employee observations, premise and shop inspections, landfill/transfer station/MFR equipment inspections and periodic vehicle safety inspections. Conducts site visits to confirm ineffective documentation of records and where evident, takes action to correct the maintenance of such records. Participates in the investigation of serious accidents/injuries. Provides accident data, and accident reduction goals to division management. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Prior experience in an OSHA regulated environment. Minimum of 3 years of experience is a safety related position. Valid driving license.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Bachelor's degree in safety, occupational health or related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- One of the largest non-hazardous solid waste management company in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org