- Naperville, IL
What you'll be doing
- Develop a safety committee at each warehouse location. Conduct monthly safety meetings at each location with safety committee. Confirm that each facility is conducting daily pre-shift safety meetings and provide content for same. Train the trainers, ie, each facility manager must be certified to provide OSHA lift truck certification. All lift drivers must be forklift certified for each type of fork lift being operated. All temp employees that operate lift trucks must be certified by agency and receive equipment specific training by facility manager or supervisor. Work with HR department in order for HR to prepare OSHA 300 logs and report work comp claims to insurance company. Confirm that all facilities are performing life support testing and pump tests and be present during same. File claims with all carriers or contractors for damage to facility or property. Review property claims and workers claims for trends and develop corrective action plan. Meet with owners of company on quarterly basis and provide status reports, issues, report of safety accomplishments and also action plan for future safety development.
What your background should be
- Minimum five years safety experience. Must convey professionalism and positive company image. Makes commitments to customers and coworkers, and delivers as promised. Must be a self starter and able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to build teams and create cohesive work environment. Focuses on solving conflict not blaming.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required.
Who is the client company
- This company provides commercial staffing services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com