- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Assists in the management of patients and families with life-limiting illnesses, working directly with designated team members to ensure appropriate communication between patients, primary caregivers, physicians and vendors. Collaboratively assists in the management of hospice home care patients with other disciplines, including but not limited to; social workers, chaplains, physicians, dieticians, physical & occupational therapists. Develops and implements appropriate new and changed plans of care to patients, families, and nursing department staff. Acts as resource for staff communication needs with physicians offices, pharmacies and DME vendors in the procurement of orders, supplies/equipment. Completes electronic documentation for primary care or triage follow up and visits as required by regulatory rules, third party payers, medicare and medicaid. Provides C.N.A. supervisory visits and supplements RN team members for home visits as required. Coordinates visits for the nursing department including dissemination of information to appropriate staff from weekday and weekend voicemail and email reports. Assists designated leadership with clinical team member scheduling duties including contact with the answering service for 24/7 nursing coverage. Assists in identifying needs for improvement in provision of nursing care and clinical documentation, including follow up of 24 hour pain assessments, and care planning.
What your background should be
- License to practice as Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina required. 2 years nursing experience preferred. Possess excellent communication skills and demonstrates sensitivity and competency of nursing abilities to care for terminally ill patients and their families. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
Who is the client company
- Healthcare service provider industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org