RN Transplant Coordinator
- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- The transplant coordinator facilitates and coordinates all aspects of the transplant referral, evaluation, waiting period, and peri-operative phases of transplantation. The coordinator interacts with all members of multi-disciplinary transplant team to ensure coordination of care for the transplant patient. Demonstrates continuous learning and growth; actively seeks educational opportunities, both formal and informal. Apply evidence-based practice to daily work, such as reviewing the professional literature and attending professional meetings and sharing with colleagues. Belongs to at least one professional organization. Provides staff and community education in the areas of transplant and organ donation. Participates in department donor awareness events, educational opportunities, and community activities. Participates in clinical practice improvement and research opportunities in transplantation. Participates and contributes in department initiatives for quality and process/performance improvement. Maintains and submits data for hospital-based statistics and regulatory agencies such as UNOS/UNET, CMS, and medicaid in order to ensure availability of accurate statistics and comply with all governmental reporting requirements. These data requirements include, but are not limited to, UOS, referral and evaluation data, and UNOS forms. Presents a professional image at work and all work-related events. Fosters teamwork approach in all interactions with peers and team members. Supports and participates in departmental patient experience initiatives. Demonstrates components of the I CARE values system and service pride standards. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards. Complies with national patient safety goals and standards. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 4 years medical /surgical nursing experience required. Intensive care unit (ICU) experience preferred. Previous transplant experience is an asset. Business/administrative degree experience may be considered in lieu of total nursing experience if in combination with minimum 2 years nursing experience. Registered nurse with current Texas license. Cardiovascular pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification transplant specialty certification preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree required
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the most comprehensive teaching hospitals in the United States, with leading specialists in every field of medicine.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org