RN Surgical Oncology
- Plano, TX
What you'll be doing
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. Carries out physician orders. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs. Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. Instructs and educates patients and families. Assesses and coordinates patient discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. Provides age and culturally appropriate care. Orients and mentors new staff members. Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What your background should be
- Current licensure as an RN in Texas. Current certification as a BLS healthcare provider. Minimum one year hospital med surge nursing experience required. Oncology experience preferred. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org