RN PACU/Pre-Op PRN
- Coral Springs, FL
What you'll be doing
- The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include: assess, plan and evaluate the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure. Provide nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures. Provide comfort and support for pre-operative patients. Participate in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation. Carry out physician orders. Administer prescribed medications; apply dressings and monitor vital signs. Assist physician during procedures. Maintain aseptic techniques and actively monitor situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Coordinate the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies. Ensure the proper handling of specimens. Serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. Monitor, record and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
What your background should be
- At least 1 year of recent PACU experience is required. Current licensure as an RN and current certification as a BLS healthcare provider required. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment are required. The applicant should have the ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Who is the client company
- It is an American for-profit operator of health care facilities.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com