Risk Management & Insurance Specialist
- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Serves as the technical lead and administers the risk management program. Reviews risk management and insurance matters; recommends and implements appropriate risk management and insurance strategies to manage risk exposures. Performs system-wide risk analysis and identification and formulates recommendations for action. Prepares and submits period reports of risk and loss exposure. Identifies priorities and methods to reduce exposures including cost analysis of each method. Serves as liaison with the entire campus community and outside organizations to manage, identify, and develop solutions for potential risk management issues. Assists in the development of risk management and insurance processes/procedures. Administers the system-wide self-insured or insured property and casualty claims and the UH/UHS workers compensation program. Participates in annual policy renewals. Provides first-line analysis of contracts and/or agreements between the university and outside vendors for risk management implications including insurance coverage, policy limit requirements and ensures the university is current with best practices, specific wording and workings of these documents. Administers the tenant user liability insurance policy (tulip) special events program. Recommends and monitors the implementation of risk control measures across campus. Develops and presents education/awareness training and communications on risk management and insurance issues, loss prevention and reduction. Performs other job-related duties as required.
What your background should be
- Experience on in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three years of directly job-related experience. Strong team and work ethic. Excellent attention to detail. The ability to work independently, multi-task, organize, problem solve and prioritize competing projects. The ability to manage stress and work under pressure while meeting short deadlines. The ability to operate in a fast paced environment, where priorities change routinely and at times resulting in a non-routine work day. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Professional insurance designation such as CIC, CISR, ARM, CPCU or CRM. Experience working with an insurance brokerage or agency. Experience handling automobile, general liability and/or property insurance claims. Required documents: cover letter resume complete uh application with salary history list of three professional references.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from a college or university or an equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is a state research university and the flagship institution of its system.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org