Retail Store Shift Supervisor
- Schaumburg, IL
What you'll be doing
- Work effectively with store management and store crews. Supervise the stores crew through assigning, directing and following up of all activities. Effectively communicate information both to and from store management and crews. Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints. Handle all customer relations issues (accidents) in accordance with company policy and promote a positive shopping experience for all customers. Maintain customer or patient confidentiality. Execute the display, sign and inventory of weekly, major promotional and seasonal merchandise. Reset departments following POGs, adapting them to a particular store if necessary. Execute the display and maintenance of off-shelf merchandise. Control use of register keys, securing door keys and safe combinations. Control use of employee discount card for register management functions. Execute locking of safe and setting of alarms when closing the store. Complete random cash verifications, electronic journal tape checks. Conduct employee bag checks. Identify and react to shoplifters and apprehend to secure company assets. Maintain and react to EAS program. Monitor and react to signs of internal theft. Operate a cash register including: cash, check and charge transactions, bagging merchandise. Identify and react to in-store repairs. Execute and document: cash or check pulls, deposits, returned check payments, check acceptance, refunds, voids, discounts, cashier verifications, rainchecks, signing crew members on or off. Deliver deposits to and secure change from the bank and balance impress fund. Open or close store. Execute the daily cash report (DCR). Process photofinishing activities. Assist pharmacy staff in or out of pharmacy area. Access, input and retrieve information from the computer (e-mail). Answer telephone. Load and unload deliveries lift 35 pound trays or cases to a height of 4 feet move trays or cases from one location to another. Check in merchandise: verify billing, document errors. Order regular merchandise, maintaining accurate inventory levels (using order guides when appropriate) through the use of the Telxon machine. Prepare and distribute reports and records: customer cash discrepancy, accident reports. Maintain a work place free from discrimination and harassment. Train, develop and evaluate hourly non-exempt employees. Assist customers with large purchases taking out to vehicle. Execute the completion of check-out bulletins. Execute completion of price changes: document counts, utilize price gun. Work overstock, weekly using Telxon enhancements. Execute the display and maintenance of greeting cards. Pay vendors following vendor pay out policy.
What your background should be
- Previous retail experience. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American pharmacy retailer and one of the largest pharmacy chain in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com