Retail Store Manager
- Antioch, IL
What you'll be doing
- Monitor and react to signs of internal theft. Operate a cash register-including: cash, check and charge transactions, bagging merchandise. Identify and react to in-store repairs. Execute and document: cash/check pulls, deposits, returned check payments, check acceptance, refunds, voids, discounts, cashier verifications, rainchecks, signing crew members on/off. Deliver deposits to and secure change from the bank and balance imp rest fund. Open/close store, execute the daily cash report (DCR) process photofinishing activities. Assist pharmacy staff in/out of pharmacy area. Access, input and retrieve information from the computer (e-mail), answer telephone. Access, input and retrieve information from the computer. Execute a walk-through of the store and establish a priority list. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures (such as cash management) and federal and states cut in new items, remove discontinued items and adjust facings. Check in merchandise: verify billing, document errors. Order regular merchandise, maintaining accurate inventory levels (using order guides when appropriate) through the use of the Telxon machine. Prepare and distribute reports and records: customer cash discrepancy, accident reports. Maintain a work place free from discrimination and harassment. Train, develop and evaluate hourly non-exempt employees. Assist customers with large purchases taking out to vehicle. Execute the completion of check-out bulletins. Execute completion of price changes: document counts, utilize price gun. Execute the display and maintenance of greeting cards. Pay vendors following vendor pay out policy. Execute store maintenance: vacuum, face/dust, sweep (back room, store exterior), clean windows, trash removal, and clean rest rooms. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Previous retail experience preferred. Must be at least 16 years of age. Must carry out all opening and closing procedures in the absence of management. Work overstock, weekly using Telxon enhancements.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest American pharmacy chain and retailer.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com