- Cleveland, OH
What you'll be doing
- Greets and takes food and drink orders from restaurant customers, serving the orders and accommodating special needs or requests. Remains attentive to the customers throughout the entire dining experience, adhering to or exceeding service standards as established by the restaurant at all times. Completes all restocking and cleaning duties by performing opening and closing sidework as instructed. Memorizes menu items, recipes and daily specials in order to answer questions and make recommendation to customers. Maintains cleanliness standards in restaurant, wait station and kitchen service area in order to have a clean, presentable and attractive facility and to satisfy state and local health board requirements. Controls allocated guest checks by following established check-use procedures and legibly documenting all required information as the customer's order is taken and processed. Receives proper payment from guest and ensures accuracy of guest check and method of payment in order to safeguard customer and company. Attends all pre-meal and departmental meetings in person in order to enhance communications and gain knowledge of products, service and facility. Responds to customer inquiries and comments in person and on phone by providing timely and knowledgeable information in order to provide quality customer service. Presents a clean and professional appearance at all times. Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times. Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
What your background should be
- Previous experience in similar position of 3 months or longer. Must have basic knowledge of customer service principles, the food server function and restaurant and kitchen operations. Must know standard cash-handling procedures. Must be fluent in oral and written English. Must have vision ability to clearly see detailed guest checks, computer print outs, written instructions and to observe entire restaurant in dimly lit conditions. Must have manual coordination to punch buttons, grasp items in hand, and to balance and carry trays loaded with food and beverages. Must have moderate hearing to hear customers, supervisors and communicate with other staff. Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately. Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school education or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the leading hotel management, investment and development companies in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com