Respiratory Care Practitioner Pediatrics
- San Antonio, TX
What you'll be doing
- The respiratory care practitioner pediatrics assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The candidate is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department. S/he operates and sets up devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products while following specific parameters for treatment. Provides emergency care, including artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal and critical values and able to provide appropriate corrective intervention. Follows physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as treatment type, mode, and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage. Incumbent monitors patient response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement. This position consults with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals for changes in patient status and works as part of the team to manage the patient plan of care.
What your background should be
- Texas department of health respiratory care practitioner (RCP) license required. This job requires some environmental and physical demands/hazardous conditions. The candidate should have the ability to understand and prepare moderately complex written materials, such as patient records or training materials, prepared by education, training, or experience to work with the adult, geriatric, pediatric, or neonate patient. The incumbent should have the ability to communicate verbally with associates, physicians and other outside professionals and ability to organize multiple tasks and projects and maintain control of own and others work flow.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of a respiratory therapy program preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital and healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com