Respiratory Care Practitioner
- San Antonio, TX
What you'll be doing
- The respiratory care practitioner operates and sets up devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products while following specific parameters for treatment. The candidate provides emergency care, including artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation. S/he collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal and critical values and able to provide appropriate corrective intervention. Follows physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage. Monitors patient response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal co2 measurement. This position consults with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals for changes in patient status and works as part of the team to manage the patient plan of care.
What your background should be
- The candidate with texas department of health respiratory care practitioner (rcp) license required. This job requires some environmental and physical demands/hazardous conditions.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of a respiratory therapy program preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital and healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com