- Fort Worth, TX
What you'll be doing
- Maintains the overall security and operational control of the assigned facility. Maintains chronological written records of events that occur during the shift. Monitors client movements inside and outside the facility. Controls contraband in facility through general observation, facility searches and client searches. Ensures facility cleanliness by assigning and monitoring client work, morning duty and extra duty assignments. Observes client behavior and reports to the lead residential. Monitors in a timely manner any situations that are irregular or exceptional. Obtains urine specimens and breath samples to monitor client substance usage. Performs partial intake on new clients. Makes periodic tours of the facility and the grounds to ensure high level of security by observation and corrective action, if necessary. Monitors number of clients and their activities. Monitors visitor activities. Ensures clients observe all fire and other safety measures. Conducts monthly fire drills. Secures and inventories personal possessions of clients who leave the facility. Assists clients with short-term coping and problem solving. Assists clients in the utilization of public transportation. Assists in the serving of meals as appropriate. Monitors main and secondary entrances to the facility and answers telephones. Attends all staff meetings and training as directed. Ensures compliance with client companies policies and procedures, standard operating procedures and sponsoring agency requirements. Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities costs, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc. Monitors, observes and records client self-administration of medication. Transports clients in agency vehicles to and from scheduled activities as assigned.
What your background should be
- Transferable work experience that meets the desired qualifications for this position. Knowledge of basic computer functions. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Inspires respect and trust and treats people with respect. Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards. Upholds organizational values. Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records. Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions. Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions. A Texas driving license is required and the ability to be insured.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a faith-based non-profit organization that provides affordable housing and other assistance services primarily to low-income people throughout the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org