- Mocksville, NC
What you'll be doing
- Ride on the vehicle to assist the driver while servicing residential customers on a designated route. Climb on and off vehicle to load refuse, waste and poly carts; lift and carry trash bags and containers to the truck for disposal. Operate packing mechanism and various levers and handles to activate the lifting and loading mechanism. Assist driver is safely operating the vehicle by directing the driver from the ground. Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip; spray and clean the hopper and truck. Perform complete pre and post operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with company policy; report any safety issues on standard reports. Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner. Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste. Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies. Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are service in a timely and efficient manner. Follow all required safety policies and procedures. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Two years of prior experience working around heavy commercial trucks. Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as arise. Ability to adhere to company policies and rules set forth; promotes the company safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks. Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is a non-hazardous solid waste management company in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com