- New Boston, MI
What you'll be doing
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports. Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to the disposal site. Read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor. Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility. Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner. Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures. Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste. Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies. Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip. Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRS and other reports, as required. Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner. Follow all required safety policies and procedures. Actively participate in the company ReSOP program. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks. Experience in a customer-facing position. One year of experience in the waste services industry. Class a commercial driving license. Class b or higher commercial driving license with air brakes endorsement. Ability to adhere to company policies and rules set forth; promotes the company safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- Concern about environmental solutions services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org