Research Scientist/Engineer (IPD)
- Seattle, WA
What you'll be doing
- Communicate about the progress of protein production and metrics of output to IPD management. Data entry, maintenance, and collaborative development of a protein design tracking database system. Adapt new molecular and biochemical techniques from current literature. Perform cloning and protein purification procedures in collaboration with a team of technicians. Provide data and assist in the preparation of presentations, grant applications, and journal articles. Collaborate with multiple stakeholders in the IPD. Transfer of protein production protocols to other facilities including good manufacturing practice (GMP) laboratories.
What your background should be
- 3 years of experience in recombinant protein production and protein purification required. Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and with limited supervision. Synthetic gene design and codon engineering and automated protein purification equipment programming desired. Batch culture systems for E.coli (shaker, airlift, and fermentation vessel) and use of laboratory information management systems for protein production desired.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, and protein research required. Ph.D. in the general field of protein engineering preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a nationally renowned hospital.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org