Research Lab Technician
- Los Angeles, CA
What you'll be doing
- The research lab technician will lead transgenic fish technician. Oversee zebra fish colony including feeding colony, buffer preparation, monitoring water chemistry, breeding colony and maintenance of aquatic equipment. Arrange for and assist in cryopreservation of zebra fish sperm. Maintain records of animal colony. Genotype and microinject embryos for a variety of research projects. Conduct research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols. Collect field and/or laboratory measurements and data. Compute results for a variety of research procedures, tests and techniques. Maintain accurate records of procedures used to conduct experiments. Use laboratory/computer equipment to conduct analyses of experiment data. Provide routine interpretations of analyses. Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment. Perform or arranges for basic repairs. May alter equipment to meet experiment requirements. Make recommendations for equipment acquisitions. Prepare chemical solutions for experimental use. Handle and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous materials in accordance with safety protocols. Maintain and organize laboratory supplies. Monitor inventory levels and orders or secures supplies as needed. Maintain research facility in orderly, operable condition. Maintain security and safety of equipment, samples, specimens and data. Conduct library research to assist in the planning and design of experiments. Learn basic laboratory safety and, if appropriate, basic radiation or blood borne pathogen safety under the direction of the USC safety office and more experienced laboratory staff. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
What your background should be
- 2 years experience in managing animal colony. Strong genetic background. 1-2 years of related laboratory experience.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree is required.
Who is the client company
- This is a renowned public university in the U.S. that concerns about higher education.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org