Research Investigator MD
- Pasadena, CA
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop, obtain funding for, and direct research projects that are consistent with institutional, state, and national health care priorities. Prepare grant proposals, internal reports, and manuscripts for publication in high quality peer review journals both independently and collaboratively. Provide service to the scientific community through reviewing manuscripts for publication and serving on editorial boards, grant review panels, and national boards of directors, may consult with local, state, and national non-profit and government agencies. Make presentations to R&E and SCPMG as requested, present papers in oral or poster format at national and international scientific meetings, serve on and may chair departmental committees and SCPMG committees based on experience and expertise, publish one to two papers per year as a first author and three to five papers per year as a collaborating author. Make a presentation at an internal and one or more external meetings, serves on internal departmental committees, review two to three papers per year for indexed peer review journals.
What your background should be
- Professional experience (dependent on rank) in designing and conducting original research, presenting results at national scientific meetings and publishing in peer review journals. Ranks of Research Scientists are consistent with assistant, associate, and full professor in traditional academic settings. Competent in advanced research methods, including statistical techniques and study design commonly used in epidemiologic, behavioral, health services research, or similar studies. Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- M.D. required with advanced graduate degree in epidemiology, behavioral science, health services research. Doctoral degree preferred (Ph.D., Sc.D., Dr.P.H OR eight (8) years of experience in a directly related field).
Who is the client company
- This is an integrated and the largest managed care organization in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org