Research Coordinator (Cardiology)
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- The candidate is responsible for collecting, submitting, and cleaning data, managing blood/tissue specimen collection, submission, and documentation. Monitor and maintain regulatory standing and consent/study document control, development and submission of new studies, amendments and continuing reviews to the IRB and/or ORA, and maintenance of regulatory files in accordance with FDA and office for human research protections (OHRP) guidelines. Follow study participants in person or by phone to ensure necessary data is collected which may include obtaining information via interview, patient/medical charts or having participant complete standardized forms/questionnaires. Ensure data quality by working closely with monitors and/or internal auditors to promptly resolve any data queries. Schedule patient study visits and procedures, and report adverse events and protocol deviations to sponsor and IRB under direction of research nurse. Write new study application materials and obtain all needed institutional review (biosafety, radiation safety, etc.), and pi review needed for new IRB and coverage analysis submissions. Facilitate billing process by approving study expenses related to data submission.
What your background should be
- Experience in a clinical trials environment preferred. Detail oriented, methodical, goal driven. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is one of Chicago's finest academic medical centers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com