- Boston, MA
What you'll be doing
- Support senior analysts by conducting individual company research and analysis that will focus on the credit fundamentals and structure of particular securities, classes of securities, and entire portfolios. Collect, maintain and analyze statistical data and develop quantitative models to support fundamental research. Maintain surveillance of assigned credits through evaluation of periodic financial reporting, monitoring various news sources and communication with peer group professionals, external industry analysts, and corporate management. Writes credit summaries as based on research and present analysis to colleagues. Recommend trade ideas based on relative value analysis with guidance from senior analysts, team leader, PMs and traders. Create and maintain industry statistical performance analyses and valuation models. Over time, develop and maintain relationships with issuers, industry peers, outside research publishers and experts, as well as other EV sector analysts. Researches industry trends and compares the portfolio credits with industry peers. Provides input to the portfolio team on top-down credit and portfolio strategy. Develop, implement, and maintain quantitative tools to complement fundamental analysis.
What your background should be
- Relevant experience or demonstrated interest in investment analysis a plus. Experience with quantitative tools related financial analysis and modeling desired; namely Microsoft Excel. Advanced PC computer skills and experience with industry software and databases. Knowledge of SQL, Excel and VBA is helpful. Enrolled or plan to enroll in CFA program. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Plans to attend a leading business, finance or similar advanced degree program in 3-5 years.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required with strong academic record.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the oldest investment management firms in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org