Research Associate, Hybridoma
- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- Generates therapeutic antibody candidate using hybridoma technologies including immunogen preparation, mice immunization, tissue harvest and generation of hybridomas. Designs and executes biochemical and cell based assays that enable target validation and in the selection and characterization of desirable antibodies against disease targets. Performs small-scale antibody purification and biochemical characterization of functional properties. Operates automated high throughput platforms and data management and analysis systems. Troubleshoots and solves problems in a highly analytical and effective manner. Makes detailed observations, compiles and summarize complex and large data sets, prepares reports and presents conclusions at group, departmental and project team meetings. Works independently with moderate supervision on multiple projects. Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature and contribute to scientific journal publications and attend or present abstracts at scientific meetings.
What your background should be
- At least 2 years of relevant industry experience. Experience with antibody discovery and characterization using hybridoma technology. Experience with handling small animals is required. Strong experience with tissue culture practices. Experience in wide range of cell or biochemical assays to test for functional antibody properties. Strong experience with instrumentation and data management systems. Experience in molecular biology, hybridoma sequencing and sequence analysis is desirable. Basic knowledge in immunology and or molecular biology is desirable. Experience with flow cytometry is desirable. Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to effectively work in a cross-functional department are required.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS in life science required. MS in life sciences preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a global pharmaceutical company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org