- Tarrytown, NY
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for developing biochemical and biophysical assays to purify, modify, and characterize proteins and provide in-depth characterization of protein structure, stability, and function using advanced analytical techniques including static and dynamic light scattering, CE (capillary electrophoresis), and spectroscopic methods. Responsible for performing the following techniques: size exclusion chromatography multi-angle laser light scattering (SEC-MALLS) composition gradient multi-angle laser light scattering (CG-MALLS), batch-MALLS, and dynamic light scattering (DLS); CE-SDS, capillary isoelectric focusing (cIEF), and CE-oligosaccharide fingerprinting; circular dichroism (CD); and fluorescence spectroscopy. Perform standard protein biochemistry assays such as protein concentration determination; sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE); two dimensional-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2D-PAGE); western blotting, and size exclusion chromatography (SEC). Document in writing and verbally communicate results to scientists and research staff.
What your background should be
- Two years of pre- or post-master's laboratory experience in protein biochemistry or biophysics. Experience must have includes performing gel electrophoresis; western blotting; protein concentration assays; at least one of the following automated chromatography platforms: AKTA, BioLogic, or Agilent/Waters high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and the corresponding platform software. Experience must also include applying at least one of the following techniques to characterize protein structure, stability, or function: capillary electrophoresis, light scattering, CD, fluorescence spectroscopy, or analytical ultracentrifugation (AUC). Must have experience performing in-depth research of a biochemical or biophysical nature, including developing/testing a hypothesis and presenting research results to supervisors and peers.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor/master degree in chemistry, biology, or biochemistry.
Who is the client company
- This is a biotechnology company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com