Representative, Phlebotomy Services
- Irondale, AL
What you'll be doing
- Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a courteous manner. Ensure all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected accurately and on time. Responsible for completing requisitions accurately. Call clients to confirm handwritten orders, verify test ordered, obtain accurate billing information, i.e. diagnosis codes, UPIN information, etc. Research test/client information utilizing lab computer system or directory of service. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order. Maintains all appropriate PSC/Phlebotomy logs. Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data. Submits data on time monthly. Perform basic clerical duties, i.e. filing, faxing, and preparing mail. Communicate all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate manager, supervisor, group leader or PSR II for resolution. Remain polite and courteous at all time. Keep work area neat and clean. Dispose of biohazard containers when scheduled. Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, take appropriate action to advice group leader or supervisor of required repairs and maintenance. Communicate professionally with clients and patients to resolve or refer, and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report critical issues as they occur. Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs for phlebotomy services in accordance with company guidelines. Assist with distribution of technical information and communications to the work group.
What your background should be
- Phlebotomy 3 years inclusive of pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections. Minimum 2 years as phlebotomy service representative in patient service center environment. Keyboard/data entry application. Customer service in a service environment. Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays and overtime. May be required to work occasional on-call duties weekends, evenings and early AM. Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license and driving record that meets company driver safety guidelines. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital and health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org