Repair Technician-Car Care
- Willow Grove, PA
What you'll be doing
- Performs the following repairs: engine repair, gas and diesel, automatic transmission/transaxle diagnosis and repair, manual transmission/transaxle diagnosis and repair, suspension and steering diagnosis and repair, brakes diagnosis and repair, including ABS/traction control, electrical diagnosis and repair, heating and air conditioning diagnosis and repair, engine performance diagnosis and repair. Maintains in-depth knowledge of specialized skills, and continue to develop additional technical skills, to enable flexibility in work assignments. Maintains a clean, well-organized work area. Properly maintains tools and equipment and follow safety procedures as outlined in the safety information supplied by each equipment manufacturer and corporate safety policies. Organizes the work presented and plan for the highest efficiency in the performance of all job functions, including vehicle movement. Accurately performs repairs and maintenance on all vehicles as specified in manufacturer-designed procedures or accepted industry practices. Accurately completes all paperwork, including, repair information on work orders, information for state and emission inspections, etc. Verifies repairs are properly completed by re-testing repaired system to ensure proper function and road tests vehicles, as necessary, to identify concerns or validate repair. Returns vehicles in clean condition and does not disturb personal property in the vehicle unless movement is required for repair procedures. Completely reviews repair orders with service advisor to ensure all repairs requested are completed. Obtains approval from service advisor, who will create an estimate and obtain customer approval before work begins. Submits written request to the service advisor for approval to sell any additional items that are identified and determined to be worn or defective upon disassembly of a system or sub system. Reads, understands, and utilizes appropriate technical bulletins. Attends automotive meetings, classes and seminars as recommended by management. Performs other related duties as required.
What your background should be
- Ability to accurately repair vehicles using advanced automotive diagnostic equipment and provide technical guidance at a level normally acquired through the completion of three (3) years as an automotive technician. National institute of automotive service excellence (ASE) or car dealer certification in at least three categories to include: suspension and steering, brakes, heating and air conditioning, or the equivalent knowledge and experience with the ability to attain the required certifications within 12 months of hire. Working knowledge of automotive electronic systems. State safety and emissions inspectors license as required by state location is preferred. R134A recycling certificate. Must possess and maintain a valid driving license with an excellent driving record and the ability to operate passenger vehicles and light-and medium-duty trucks with automatic and manual transmissions. Effective organizational and analytical skills, along with effective written and oral communication skills to enable accurate completion of assignments and effective interaction with others. Ability to adjust work schedule and priorities to meet business needs. Ability to train and mentor other repair technicians and service associates. Ability to lift up to a maximum of 75 lbs. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time. Must have complete dexterity and fine gross motor skills. Satisfactory employment screening results.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a not-for-profit organization. The organization's primary purpose has always been to protect motorist's interest, mobility and safety.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org