Rep, Phlebotomy Service
- Hartford, CT
What you'll be doing
- The position will treat all customers in a courteous manner. Ensure all field phlebotomy and specimen are collected accurately and on time. Collect specimen according to established procedure. Responsible for completing requisition accurately. Call client to confirm handwritten order, verify test ordered, obtain accurate billing information. Diagnosis code, UPIN information, etc. Research test/client information utilizing lab computer system or directory of Service. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimen as required by test order. Package specimen for transport. Maintain required record and documentation. Read, understand and comply with departmental policy, protocol and procedure. Maintain all appropriate PSC/phlebotomy log. Assist with compilation of monthly statistic and data. Submit data on time monthly. Perform basic clerical duty. filing, faxing, preparing mail. Will be required to perform electronic data entry. Submit accurate time and travel log as directed by management and on time. Demonstrate organizational commitment. Adhere to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policy, appearing neat and clean at all time. Report on time to work, following attendance guideline. Answer the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement. Communicate appropriately with client, patient, co worker and the general public.
What your background should be
- 1 year phlebotomy experience with paediatric and geriatric capillary and venipuncture. Customer service in a service environment preferred. Medical training (medical assistant, paramedic). Medical terminology. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirement, weekend, holiday, on call and overtime. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a renowned independent corporation of diagnostics that provides clinical laboratory services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com