Registration Services Assistant
- Fargo, ND
What you'll be doing
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinic and hospital (as appropriate) registration systems, including patient and guarantor demographics. Determines correct third party payer, including knowledge of insurance coverage, referral requirements and online verification of eligibility. Assesses and requests payment requirements (i.e., co-pays, pre-paid services, and payment on account) and follows through with receipts and accurate cash bag handling. Communicates persuasively and professionally with internal and external customers (i.e., providers, third party payers, social service agencies, nursing homes) to problem solve, explain policies and procedures, and comply with government and payer regulations. Demonstrates skills in educating patients regarding forms must sign (financial form, notice of privacy practice, ABN), out-of-network options and HIPAA passwords. Stands up for what is right, does the right thing and challenges status quo. Takes risks to advance knowledge and practice for the betterment of care for patients. Addresses and resolves difficult challenges. Embraces reality and perseveres amidst setbacks. Shows an unwavering commitment to patients and strong commitment to the organization. Exhibits a positive, can do attitude. Energetically initiates and accomplishes work. Sets and maintains high performance standards. Demonstrates care and stewardship for the communities and people serve. Pursues excellence and flawless execution through the avoidance of errors and inaccuracies. Creates and adheres to system rational standards to increase consistency and efficiency, and decrease variability. Adheres to procedure for the protection of those in company care. Follows rigorous methodology in practice and research. Holds self and others accountable. Seeks opportunities to advance individual development and organizational growth. Advances the practice of medicine and discipline of research. Advances integrated healthcare. Determines individual and organizational strengths and weaknesses and plans and develops accordingly. Strives for organizational perfection through continuous individual and organizational improvement. Supports the development of others by delegating, coaching and mentoring.
What your background should be
- Regular and predictable attendance is required. Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen. Sanford participates in the e-verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent with appropriate coursework or experience to perform office/clerical functions.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com