- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- The registrar processes the registration for patients entering the organization through inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory surgery or the emergency department. Secures all information necessary for internal operations. Introduces the patient to the registration environment, explains policies, secures signatures, explains forms, completes required information in billing screens accurately, collects deposits and payments and answers patient questions. Maintains a high level of billing data quality and communicates with physicians and other departments effectively to minimize the hospital's exposure to financial risk. Performs all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- One to three years prior hospital or physician business office or comparable payer work experience preferred. Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM with accuracy implied. Ability to communicate effectively. Working knowledge of medical terminology is required. Thorough knowledge of third party payers, billing requirements and reimbursement methods.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent, some post high school education preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is the largest health system.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org