Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Phoenix, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures. Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures. Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems. May supervise department staff.
What your background should be
- Proof of having passed the national board for respiratory care (NBRC) as a registered respiratory therapist (RRT) or registered pulmonary function technologist. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic cardiac life support (BCLS) required. In home care setting, must possess valid driving license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through 1 year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel. Company registry and travel positions require a minimum of one-year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as an RRT in the specialty area.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate or technical degree.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com