Registered Practical Nurse
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Assists in performing patient care responsibilities under the plan and supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Implements PT patient care programs and notifies the PT of changes in the patient's condition, performance and response to treatment. Implements patient care programs including necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, and patient education as established by the PT. Documents and implements a plan of care to meet patient and family needs, to include discharge planning and utilization of available resources. Demonstrates clinical reasoning, coupled with clinical skills to conduct accurate clinical assessments and perform patient care activities; evaluates effectiveness of therapy interventions, identifies and prioritizes patient/family strength, needs and priorities. Provides and documents patient and family education in regard to deficits, progress toward goals, and therapeutic techniques, with individualized instruction for a home program including equipment use.
What your background should be
- Requires ability to push patients in a wheelchair or stretcher. Requires lifting and transferring patients, equipment or supplies. Requires lifting up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 100 pounds infrequently. Requires sitting, standing, and walking. Requires ability to climb stairs, kneel, and twist. Requires occasional, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to demonstrate appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associates degree as a physical therapist assistant from an accredited PTA program required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org