Registered Nurse Team Leader
- Alexandria, VA
What you'll be doing
- The registered nurse team leader directs patient care technician provision of safe and effective delivery of chronic hemodialysis therapy to patients in compliance with standards outlined in the facility, policy procedure manuals, as well as regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies. S/he delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff including but not limited to LVN/LPNS, patient care technicians, and dialysis assistants. The candidate ensures adequate staffing through daily management of staff scheduling when appropriate. Assesses daily patient care needs and develops appropriate patient care assignments. Routinely monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and adherence to facility policy and procedures. S/he assists clinical manager with staff performance evaluations. This position participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned. S/he participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled. S/he ensures educational needs of patients and family met regarding end stage renal disease (ESRD). The role provides ongoing education to patients regarding their renal disease, vascular access and dialysis therapy, and other related health conditions. Provides patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where applicable; online clearance monitoring (OLC), adequacy monitoring program (AMP), urea kinetic modeling (UKM). S/he assesses patient responses to hemodialysis treatment therapy, making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment plan as indicated by the prescribing physician. The applicant communicates problems or concerns to the clinical manager or physician. Takes appropriate intervention for changes in patient adequacy status and troubleshooting access flow issues as identified by OLC/AMP yellow lights. The candidate ensures all specimens appropriately packaged according to department of transportation (DOT) policies and procedures relating to shipment of blood or body fluid specimens and potentially hazardous material. The incumbent performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have current appropriate state licensure. Minimum 1 year of medical-surgical nursing experience preferred. RN team leaders assuming responsibility for nursing and patient services in the absence of the clinical manager must have 1 year of clinical experience and six months ESRD experience. Hemodialysis experience preferred. ICU experience preferred. Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis. Successfully complete CPR certification. Employees must meet the necessary requirements of ISHIHARA color blindness test as a condition of employment. S/he should have icd-9 coding training, nurses technical training, and team leader certification training.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Who is the client company
- The client company is specializing in the production of medical supplies, primarily to facilitate or aid renal dialysis.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com