Registered Nurse (Rehab Nursing Services)
- Omaha, NE
What you'll be doing
- The registered nurse (rehab nursing services) assesses patient status with patient/family input and identifies age-appropriate patient care needs/problems that includes bio-physical, psycho-social, spiritual, environment, self-care, and educational needs and will serve to focus the provision of nursing care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Plans individualized age appropriate evidence-based patient care through a interdisciplinary team approach and through interdisciplinary patient care conference, ongoing patient assessments, re-evaluation of patient problems or needs. Utilizes professional skills and judgment in prescribing, delegating, and coordinating the plan of care; includes appropriate resources to manage patient care path/caremaps/variances. S/he administers medications and treatments according to nursing policy. Guides and directs professional and nonprofessional personnel in the delivery of patient care, evaluates patient care effectiveness, modifies the plan of care according to age appropriate patient nursing policy. Utilizes care paths/caremaps to develop and modify the patient plan of care. Monitors variances and takes action on these variances. S/he provides the following nursing services: independent, inter-dependent, and delegated. Identifies patient/significant other learning needs and initiates and provides for age appropriate education. S/he responds to patient calls, anticipates individual patient needs, and assures patient safety and comfort through regular rounds, environmental maintenance, and other appropriate safety measures. Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times. Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines. Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members. Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
What your background should be
- One year of experience in an area of specialty preferred. Current rn license in the state of nebraska or the state of iowa is required. Bls certificate is required upon hire. This job required continuous use of reading skills and verbal communication skills, frequent use of written communications skills, delegation, conflict resolution, individual and group interactions, time management, critical thinking and stress management. Incumbent must possess knowledge of how to provide care to a diverse population of patients and the ability to communicate and work with people from a variety of age groups, social strata, and ethnic backgrounds.
Required Schooling / Training
- Completion of a registered nurse program from an accredited institution required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a rehabilitation institute and it offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient physical rehabilitation services designed to restore function and help patients recover to their fullest extent.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org