- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- The OR RN is a staff nurse, who provides direct patient care effectively and efficiently to a patient team which may include patients with varied and complex needs. The OR RN assumes leadership roles with progressive responsibility including but not limited to participating in or leading unit and shared governance initiatives, serving as charge nurse or preceptor to students or new employees and possibly contributing to service line or hospital wide initiatives. The nurse demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. Performs focused interview to identify specific patients needs. Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements. The nurse provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment. The staff nurse performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- At least 18 months of experience is required. Applicant is expected to be a registered nurse with current Texas license. Applicant is expected to have a BLS certification must be approved by the American Heart Association. Other certifications as required by unit/service. Applicant must be able to perform skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable. Applicant must have basic computer skills and be able to write and speak effectively in English.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor or master degree from an accredited school of nursing required.
Who is the client company
- The client organization is a leading academic medical center.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org