Registered Nurse (Intermediate Medical Unit)
- Conroe, TX
What you'll be doing
- The registered nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients. Responsible for meeting the standards of practice for intermediate medical care unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment. Participates in activities to plan, measure, asses and improve the quality of patient care. Performs assessments on patients within appropriate time frames. Monitors the effect of medication administration and teaching. Assists physician with insertion of central venous catheters or other venous access devices, as needed. Draws blood from venous lines. Uses special feeding tubes (gastronomy, jejunostomy, nasogastric). Does assessment and intervention for patients with wound ulcers. Models and reinforces behaviors consistent with goals for teaching the medical patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team and provides support to the family, as needed. Responsible for assessment of patients with telemetry monitoring. Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed. Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere.
What your background should be
- Minimum of one (1) year current/recent medical tele experience. Current TX licensure as an RN. Current BCLS certification from the American heart association required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org