Registered Nurse (Healthy/ Home/Per Visit Union PRN)
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Provides intermittent skilled nursing services to home care patients. Services are provided in accordance with physician orders, applicable state practice acts, and regulatory requirements under the supervision of the designated leader. Performs evaluation of patients, families, and the home environment for home care services. Performs nursing assessments and reassessments to establish and revise an individualized plan of care. Develops, implements, monitors and revises the plan of care based on assessment of patient and family needs and physician orders, diagnoses, goals, and priorities in collaboration with a multidisciplinary home care team. Administers medications, treatments and nursing services in accordance with physician orders and agency policy. Observes and documents signs and symptoms, and response to care; reports to the physician any reaction to treatments, medications or changes in the client physical or emotional condition. Assesses patient and family education and learning needs and provides skilled teaching and training. Implements preventive, rehabilitative and therapeutic nursing care as appropriate for patient care and safety and makes appropriate referrals to community resources. Maintains accurate, comprehensive, and complete documentation of clinical services. Provides home health aide assignments, supervision and instruction. Reviews patient records monthly and participates in utilization and compliance reviews and substantiates in writing any deviation from care plan with appropriate physician and leadership notification. Participation in orientation of new team members, providing instruction to students, clerical handling of reports and forms, procurement of supplies.
What your background should be
- 1 year nursing experience required. License to practice as registered nurse in the state of North Carolina. Experience in home health preferred. Maintains current state issued driving license. Computer experience helpful. Basic life support for healthcare provider from AHA required. Work includes driving, walking, standing, sitting, heavy lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Ability to travel extensively during all seasons to assigned patient homes. Valid auto insurance is required at all times. Personal vehicles must be well maintained and in safe driving condition. Works in variety of home environments and conditions. Must speak english in clear, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a network of hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, urgent cares and practices.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com