Registered Nurse-Float Pool PRN
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Provides professional nursing care through skill assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with hospital policies and procedures under the supervision of the designated leader. Maintains a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served. Performs and/or assists with treatments, therapies, and procedures. Administers medications and performs basic nursing assessment. Develops, implements, and updates individualized patient plans of care and obtains necessary information to plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care. Documents a current clinical picture and records designated information in the patient record. Candidate conveys relevant information in change of shift report and participates in patient-centered conferences and assignments. Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education and makes patient rounds individually, or with physicians, to assess patients and convey needed information. Assists in development of policies, procedures, and standards of care reflective of current practice/literature. Participates in the orientation of new team members. Provides instructional support for students and hospital team members.
What your background should be
- License to practice as registered nurse or temporary registered nurse petitioner in the state of North Carolina. Basic life support for healthcare provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak english in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of hearing, sight, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Pediatric experience strongly preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a network of hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, urgent cares and practices.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com