Registered Nurse-Cardiac Cath Lab
- Kansas City, MO
What you'll be doing
- Under the general direction of the cardiology nurse manager, coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care as related to the cardiology department. Administers medications, monitors patient vital signs/EKG, performs continual patient assessment during patients stay in the cardiology department. Documents accurate nursing records and patient data. Coordinates patient teaching and post procedure assessment. Performs emergency cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Assists with in-service education. Collects and assembles data for data base, outcome analysis and performance improvement. Responsible to carry out any other activities assigned by the cardiology nurse manager to assure the department runs effectively and efficiently. Responds within 30 minutes when on stand by and able to assist at other system cath lab as needed.
What your background should be
- Current state nursing license required. ACLS certification required within 6 months of employment. Excellent interpersonal and team skills required. Basic computer knowledge preferred. Minimum of one year nursing experience in an ICU or ER setting required. Previous cardiovascular lab experience preferred. Basic equipment and machine skills preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a hospital.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org