- Tucson, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Provides unit based leadership in the application of nursing process and critical thinking principles to patient care and unit function. Demonstrates expert level knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to unit population and improve patient outcomes. Leads therapeutic patient groups and teach these skills to staff. Evaluates clinical practice and provides formal/informal education and mentoring. Provides unit leadership in the absence of the clinical nurse manager. Monitors the quality of clinical practice, adherence to performance measures, and participates in performance management activities. Identifies actual/potential problems, analyzes data, and initiates appropriate intervention. Applies current concepts and accepted findings from research when recommending changes in practice. Promotes team building within unit and among interdisciplinary health care team. Provides leadership in identifying and addressing ethical issues that impact patients and staff, including initiating and actively participating in ethics consultations.
What your background should be
- Approximately 1 year of relevant experience required.
Required Schooling / Training
- An associate degree or diploma in nursing required.
Who is the client company
- This company provides patient care and federal benefits to veterans.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com