- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Registered nurse (cardiac/telemetry) provides care to increasingly complex patients and coordinates the interdisciplinary team. Identifies and presents areas for improvement in patient care or unit operations and offers solutions by participating in unit projects and shared governance activities. S/he identifies leadership opportunities for professional growth of peers. Provides input into the unit resource utilization including unit capital and operational budget needs. S/he contributes to meeting departmental financial target on unit-based scorecard. Develops and updates plan of care in partnership with the patient and family using the nursing process, incorporating the patient priorities and abilities. Establishes mutual educational goals with patient and family, provides appropriate resources, incorporating planning for care after discharge. Follows the nursing process, modifies care based on continuous evaluation of the patient condition, demonstrates clinical problem-solving and critical thinking, and makes decisions using evidence-based analytical approach. Communicates in an active, positive, and effective manner to all health care team members and reports pertinent patient care and family data in a comprehensive and unbiased manner, lis10s and responds to the ideas of others. Manages usual patient assignment and other unit demands, completes patient care responsibilities in timely manner with accurate documentation, organizes multiple priorities and anticipates/plans for potential problems. S/he reports near misses as well as errors promptly and consis10tly to improve systems and processes and identify trends. Identifies areas for improvement based on understanding of evidence-based practice literature. Identifies own learning needs, consults with healthcare team experts and seeks continuing education opportunities to meet those needs. Maintains level of professional contributions as defined in clinical career path program guide. S/he demonstrates the components of the icare values statement. This position demonstrates service pride standards. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards. The role performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The candidate with at least 18 months of experience required. Registered nurse with current texas license, bls and other certifications required. The incumbent must be able to perform skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable. S/he should have basic computer skills. Must be able to write and speak effectively in english competencies, skills, training as listed in policy nu-903, competence of nursing staff and hr 07 competency assessment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital and healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com