- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Performs nursing assessments utilizing a variety of assessment methods and/or area-specific tools. Individualizes existing plans of care and develops goals relative to family needs. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan. Develops or individualizes teaching plans/protocols to meet patient and family learning needs. Identifies patient preferences and needs including motivation to learn. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan. Performs nursing care according to procedures/protocols. Anticipates impending emergent situations and intervenes effectively. Communicates with the family and members of the multidisciplinary team to identify health care needs. Communicates changes in patient status. Utilizes appropriate resources for referral or consultations. Keeps up to date in nursing practice by utilizing current nursing and healthcare literature for information and problem solving. Incorporates current hospital and departmental quality initiatives into daily activities. Adheres to communication, service excellence, and professional image standards that support the hospital mission and philosophy. Works cooperatively as a team member to foster achievement of unit/hospital goals. Identifies learning needs and seeks resources to advance nursing practice and achieve professional goals. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to patients, families, co-workers and others.
What your background should be
- This experienced RN position requires prior RN work experience. 2 years nursing experience preferred. Pediatric nursing experience preferred. Peripheral iv skills preferred. Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Illinois and CPR certification required. Completion of CMH introduction to hematology,& oncology diseases & management within 6 months of hire. Completion of CMH certification for chemotherapy administration within 6 months of hire. Completion of CMH certification for care of stem cell transplant patients within 6 months of hire. Ability to effectively communicate with patient/families, physicians and hospital staff.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Who is the client company
- Concern about non-profit hospital & healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org