- Lawrenceburg, TN
What you'll be doing
- Directs patient care technicians provision of safe and effective delivery of chronic hemodialysis therapy to patients in compliance with standards outlined in the facility policy procedure manuals, as well as regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies. Delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff including but not limited to LVN/LPNs, patient care technicians, and dialysis assistants. Assesses daily patient care needs and develops appropriate patient care assignments. Participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned. Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled. Ensures educational needs of patients and family are met regarding end stage renal disease (ESRD). Provides ongoing education to patients regarding their renal disease, vascular access and dialysis therapy, and other related health conditions. Discusses with patient, and records education related to diet/fluid and medication compliance. Ensures transplant awareness, modality awareness, and drive catheter reduction. Educates patients regarding laboratory values and the relationship to adequate dialysis therapy, compliance with treatment schedule, medications, and fluid. Accurately implements treatment prescriptions including Sodium (Na) modeling prescription, and ultrafiltration modeling (where appropriate) to ensure stable treatment therapy as indicated. Assesses patients response to hemodialysis treatment therapy, making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment plan as indicated by the prescribing physician. Communicates problems or concerns to the team leader or physician.
What your background should be
- Minimum of one-year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred. Hemodialysis experience preferred. ICU experience preferred. Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis. Successfully complete CPR certification. Provide coverage at any or all area facilities as required by management.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org